Friday, July 17, 2020

Meeting Stan on CMB

Last week on Polling Day, I got matched with a good looking chap called Stan on Coffee Meets Bagel. Over the weekend, we had lotsa fun chatting up with each other over Whatsapp. As I begin to sense that it could turn into something romantic, I informed some close buddies. Quite a few gave me advice against pursuing this relationship namely because we seemed spiritually mismatched. He has not been attending church for ages even as he professed to be a Christian. I wanted to cut communication with him on Sunday night I think but was coax back to resume on Monday morning, or Tuesday. However, by Wednesday night... after I revealed my diabetic condition, our communication again came to a standstill of sorts. Now, he seems to be hesitating. Oh wells. Relationships, even simple friendships can be complicated for me. But never mind, I really should not let it bother me too much. If we chat, we chat. If we don't, it's his loss, not mine.

Update: After I typed this entry, Stan chatted with me and was telling me he was encountering some unsolvable problems at work. He did not go into the details and I did not ask further. Also, as we conversed more I told him upfront that I could not help him out if it had to do with money matters and he sounded frustrated from then onwards, even though he denied he needed help with money. I just had a gut feeling things were dodgy. Actually, I really do not know if I should have given him the benefit of the doubt and more time to explain himself before I had cut off contact with him. But it was quite a swift and decisive move I made that day. Mostly because my buddy BY had her doubts about his good will and she sensed something not right about him as well. I trust my buddy more.

I am updating tonight because I thought of him tonight and I pray all is well with him. Even though I may not be in contact with him, I still wish him well. 25 July

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...