Sunday, November 01, 2020

Catch-Up with A & K

This afternoon, I had a catch-up lunch & coffee with A & K, former co-workers from EAST. We ate at Sumire Japanese restaurant at Bugis Junction, a favourite go-to restaurant when our office was still located at 110 Middle Rd, but it was a first visit for A. Apparently A has left EAST for four years already, and is currently working at St Lukes Eldercare in Tampines. I just learnt there are 22 St Lukes Eldercare centers all over Singapore at this point, in 2020! Indeed, we are an aging nation.

Another interesting and somewhat welcoming piece of news, is that K will be rejoining EAST come January 2021. I do pray for good and better working relationship ahead and good times of fellowship too. For the past month, I have grown rather fond of the new colleague and I am already starting a countdown for the day to say goodbye to him. I feel sad when I think of having to say goodbye in less than a year because I know that time will pass by in a heartbeat and soon, I will be but a passing memory of his young, work life.  He has been a fresh breath of air thus far. :)

In another two weeks, I shall bid Thomas farewell. He is a MDiv TE final year student from EAST and his three years at EAST have passed by in a blink of an eye. He will be returning to HK to do a ThM. I believe Thomas will be a serious bible teacher in the future. Praying for God to lead him and guide him in his future ministry.

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...