Friday, January 01, 2021

1st Post on New Year's Day

I heralded the New Year of 2021 by attending ARPC's Watchnight Service with I (my MGS classmate) and GP (my AJ coursemate). We had an early countdown in church as the service ended by about half past eleven. By the time we left the church and got to my car, it was nearly 11:55pm and we were five minutes from the fireworks display at Bishan. Still, by God's grace, we zoomed right down to Bishan Road and caught a most magnificent display of the fireworks for a good two minutes at least. What a splendid way to welcome the New Year!

December has been a busy month of celebrating my birthday and catching up with beloved friends. I had a very lovely birthday lunch with mum and sis at Fullerton Bay Hotel's french restaurant and after lunch, we walked across to Fullerton Hotel for pretty pics to commemorate Christmas and my birthday. My birthday fell on a Friday and sis took leave to celebrate with me. That was really sweet of her. On Saturday morning, I had a birthday surprise from Su and I (planned by Su!). They came to my home to surprise me with fresh focaccia bread (baked by Sue) and a fresh bouquet of flowers (a sunflower arrangement) bought by I. I was pleasantly surprised by both of them! It was also their first visit to my home. We had tea together later that afternoon with a proper celebration with cakes and two rounds of birthday songs.

My brother's family took mum and me to Goodwood Hotel's Ming Jiang for dimsum and the food was delectable. That was also on Saturday and it was a birthday treat for me too. That was really generous and kind of them, aside from kor buying a pair of progressive glasses for me. Also, I had celebrations with YL together with GP and G. I also had joint celebrations with WT at Fat Burger at Novena Square.  Furthermore, during our TCF lunch meeting at Irene's, I had another joint celebrations with Irene. :)

Man, December is really full of festivities for me... plus I had over 160 wishes and blessings on my FB profile. I know I am abundantly blessed, and my cup overfloweth because God is overwhelming good to me. None of it is because of what I have done and because I deserve any of it. All of it is because of what God has done for me. I can only humbly bow in my heart and thank Him from the bottom of my heart for His goodness, mercy, kindness and love that is unfailing. In His time, He makes everything perfect. :)

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...