Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Dad had not been to Bangkok

In his lifetime, dad had travelled to Australia, Japan and China. However, during his final days, he lamented to mum that he had not been to Bangkok. Perhaps it was because mum went there with sis and had a good holiday there. Perhaps it was because Bangkok seemed so near and yet it was too far for him to travel to, by the time my dad's health was too frail. It seemed that he felt a tinge of regret for not having been to a neighbouring country which was so near yet so far.

No idea why this thought just popped into my head today. Oh, I think it was because on FB, I just viewed some pics of relatives visiting Bangkok. That just brought to mind dad's last unfulfilled wishes.

It should be an inspiration for me to visit and travel to all the places I wish to see in my own lifetime and not live with deathbed regrets like dad.

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...