Thursday, February 21, 2019

Post CNY Post

Dear Lord,

The fifteen days of the Chinese New Year (CNY) have gone by so quickly. In fact, this first two months of 2019 is soon coming to an end. There is so much to be thankful for in this two months alone. I am thankful for my new home in Yishun, being able to live on my own, and being a first time new home owner. But do remind me, O Lord, that although you have given me a new physical home, that ultimately You are my home. Also, I pray that this abode you have blessed me with will be intentionally used, not just as a place of rest and respite for myself but a cosy space of hospitality for people you bring into my life.

I am thankful that over the CNY period, I had time with my immediate family members over reunion dinner and on the first day, Uncle J's family came over to our home for a visit. Also, the beach holidays organised by B, for a bunch of us, including EAST folks like R, C and J, and my buddies GP and Y was awesome fun. It was good that B brought his older sister on the holidays too. I think it gave her a good break. Pulau Ranoh was a really beautiful island off Batam. The snorkelling, the banana boat ride, the Fat Boy jumps, the hammocks, lovely sand, sea, sunset and sunrise views all made for really good memories. It was only a three day two nights holiday, but what a great time, and wonderful company.

Father, I do not yet know what the rest of 2019 may hold. But I put my trust in You and I know you will guide me through day by day, week by week, month by month. Draw me closer to You that I may learn to hear Your voice and walk in step with You each moment.

Amen.

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...