Thursday, June 13, 2019

Post Easter

I just realised it has been over seven weeks since my last entry. May was a busy month at EAST with EAST 25th Commencement happening at Bartley Christian Church on 11 May 2019. We had 26 graduates and 3 were in absentia. B Low was in absentia but he came for the commencement buffet lunch after some cajoling and I presented his MABS certificate to him.

My brother's Jubilee Birthday celebrations came and gone in the first week of June. His actual 50th birthday was on 9 Jun 2019. Can't believe that my dearest Kor is already half a century old. Makes me realise mine won't be too far behind, in just another five years' time.

Sis and mum went for a 10-12 day Scandinavia package tour and seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The picturesque Scandinavian landscapes must have been quite a sight to behold. When mum and sis touched down from the airport, we visited Auntie L Chin's new home in Ulu Siglap. It was most interesting - there were two bungalows and two semi-detached houses interconnected via internal gates. All newly built up within two years.

Camp ARPC this year was memorable as there were 1234 campers. But for me, I was glad that S and her two girls made it as well. My mum seemed to have enjoyed herself pretty much too, especially the segment where she performed a song on stage with the rest of the MM members. Doris attended and I was able to catch up with Pei Ling and some folks from EAST as well.

June is a relatively quiet month in the office. I just went for a medical appointment at TTSH yesterday. I have quite a few appointments lined up till end of the year. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will learn to manage my physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and financial health better, with God's help.

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...