Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Easter Weekend

Easter Weekend has just passed by with mum, sis and I travelling to Malacca for the annual visit to my maternal grandparents gravesides and my eldest uncle and grand uncle's gravesides as well. Following the paying of respects, we adjourned to a nearby Chinese restaurant for our family reunion lunch. We had three tables full of relatives from my mum's side of the family. It was really nice to catch up with different ones.

I realised that the niece whom I called Xiaomin is called Li Yong Min and her sister is Li Yong Rou. Her brother's name still kinda escapes me. This Xiaomin is now a business journalist with Nanyang Shangbao. I feel proud of her name. Her husband is an engineer who helps with CCTV system in condominiums or office buildings. They are so grown up now. Also, apparently her dad who had previously run off with another woman had returned home to live with her mum, my cousin. That is good news for their family in some ways.

Auntie June and Uncle MW missed out on the gathering this year. A few years ago, all five siblings were present. That was really nice to see.

On a side note, I restarted a chat group with B and uncle L, with a new group name. :D hopefully, this group chat lasts longer than the last. keeping my toes and fingers crossed.

Today happened to be cousin FF's 60th birthday, while my bro's 50th will be coming up in June. Hoping these two birthday celebrants have a wonderful milestone year and many more lovely years ahead!

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...