Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Dec, Jan, Feb

Just realised that I had not a single post since December before my post in March. I missed my usual Birthday Post, Christmas Post, New Year's Post. I wonder what happened?

Nonetheless, I had a very lovely birthday tea at the newly refurbished Raffles Hotel with mum on my actual birthday, my 45th. I met up with V who treated me to a very sumptuous, scrumptious and all round yummillicious Cantonese set lunch for two at Yan, a Cantonese restaurant at the National Gallery. It was an exquisite lunch experience which we both enjoyed tremendously. I shared the experience with C who then went on to give her dad a birthday treat at the same restaurant a couple of weeks later. Even though I was glad she was also able to enjoy a good lunch with her dad, I felt a strange sense of a unique experience being imitated or copied. Perhaps on the positive note, imitation is the highest flattery. Or could it be that God is teaching me to be 1) more big-hearted 2) more discerning who I share my experiences with 3) both.

Well, then V treated me to a baking class at ABC cooking studios near Christmas as a Christmas gift. When I shared pics of the chantilly snow white cake I baked, B requested for the recipe. I was happy to share, although she wanted a PDF version rather than a screenshot of it. Oh well, I try my best to please a good buddy. Also, I felt a bit bad that I got to go for it, but she did not, as she wanted to attend the class with her teenage son but somehow mixed up the dates. I wonder why I feel bad. I should not feel responsible for other people's mistakes but sometimes I do. Too responsible for the wrong things.

During year end, my friend IT and I had a sleepover in JB. Oh, before that, Lu had a sleepover at Meadow Spring and it was really lovely. She read me "The Tailor of Gloucester" by Beatrix Potter as a bedtime story. We were both twinning in Totoro tees as sleepwear as well. It was just wonderful to be able to have heart to heart talk with a dear sister and confidante in Christ. Someone wiser, kinder, more Christlike than me. Someone I look up to. :) Someone I'll pray the best for with all of my heart too. But I digress. The sleepover in JB with IT was great fun too. We had coconut drinks with my mum by a roadside stall near my home and we went to a new mall near my home too. Best part was she was not intimidated by Brownie at all. :)

Jan went by pretty quickly as I recalled. I entered the year 2020 together with G and YL again at Faith Methodist Church's watchnight service. We had New Year's Day lunch at the cafeteria of Seletar Airport. Some local indian muslim cuisine we had. I think G had muturbak for the first time in her life! The kumpung fried rice was so good that both G and YL decided to dapao back that day. Lunch was C+G (Cheap and Good)!

CNY came along in the end of Jan as did the threat of Coronavirus which soon became known as COVID-19. By Feb, I requested to Work From Home for a week, till things calmed down a bit. And it is already the first week of March now! How fast!


1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...