Monday, August 02, 2021

Ann's Passing on 28 Jul

Since my last entry on Nicolas' passing, my former EAST colleague Ann Lim also went home to the Lord, on 28 July. She has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer for over a year, since April 2020 or so. Her condition got more serious in August when she formed a whatsapp group for friends to pray for her which I was part of. My last telephone conversation with Ann was sometime in March or April 2021 before her condition deteriorated so badly that she became monosyllabic and finally was bed-ridden and non-communicative too. She was admitted into St Andrew's Community Hospital in June 2021. Those were her last two months of her final journey on earth. 

We really never know when God will take back the people He puts into our lives, and Ann is just one such person. A loving friend, a big sister-in-Christ and someone who loves the Lord dearly. I can recall how I was the first person to welcome her to EAST at the EAST Library at Dorset Road and I remember having a farewell lunch with her together with Jonathan and Karen at Sumire Yakitori Restaurant at Bugis Junction. In between our first and last meetings, we shared conversations, jokes, meals and EAST retreats at Changi Village Hotel. Her journey on earth is done and I am certain that she is now at rest with her Beloved. I never thought I would miss her as much as I do now. Lord, I wished I had loved her more. 

Meanwhile, Lord, help me to love those around me more, while they are on earth.    

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...