Wednesday, August 11, 2021

On Intimacy - notes from a lecture by Roy Tan

The transformation of being an intimate person rests on the work of the Holy Spirit. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them is the One who loves me. It is more important in intimacy, how the other person feels, rather than how I feel. Do not be ego-centric and think only of ourselves. Intimacy is brought about by the gospel. Brokenness and humility affects intimacy. If the Son of Man can do nothing on His own, what more for each of us? God putting on flesh is as deep as broken humility can get. A fish swims because it is a fish. Live out compassion, kindness, humility. Learn not to hide but speak the truth in love. Venture out and speak the truth in love. "This is my Son. Listen to Him." Sometimes our past holds us back. God is very specific when he brings closure to our past. 

Be broken and humble. Be confident in our new identity in Christ and don't hide.
Listen to Christ. Imitate Him in dealing with sin in our lives and our relationships.

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...