Tuesday, August 28, 2018

28 August 2018

Over the past weekend, my family (mum, sis, bro, sis-in-law, nephew and I) celebrated my sis' 51st birthday in advance at Chui Hway Lim Teochew Cuisine along Keng Lee Road with a Sunday's lunch. That is mum's current favourite Teochew restaurant and in recent years, we have celebrated mum and dad's birthdays there. For sis' birthday celebration there, it's a first. Last year, for sis' golden birthday celebration, we celebrated at Au Petit Salut at Harding Road around Dempsey area on her actual birthday but we had a pre-birthday brunch at The Flute at The National Museum and had a buffet lunch at Elleborough Market Cafe at Swissotel Merchant Court as her post-birthday-joint-celebration with our dear cousin P. It was our cousin's 60th last year. We had a lot of feasting last year and it was wonderful that cousin TF was in Sg to join in all the festivities. Those were cherished memories of good times and yummy food.

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to sis' birthday trip from 30 Aug to 2 Sep. Mum, sis and I will be in Yogyakarta from Thursday to Sunday and it will be my first time there. It is Lisman's hometown and he sent me some interesting links and itinerary to look at. I hope mum, sis and I get to see some interesting sights and eat some yummy food as well. I pray that it will be a joyful, memorable birthday trip for sis.

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...