Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Session with A

This afternoon I had my third therapy session with A. We discussed issues of my growing independence and adulting as an adult by being more assertive towards both mum and sis. It was interesting how the concept of sis treating me as her "baby" came up. It was something which sis had herself recently vocalised. It was therefore also reflective of her dominant, patronising behaviour towards me which has been counter-constructive towards my self-development. I suspect to some degree it might be similar towards mum's interactions with me although to a different degree.

We also spoke on the relationship between staff and students - how it is unadvisable to get into any romantic relationships (even if the age differences might seem appropriate), as there are ethical concerns and I should always establish clear boundaries with students in a professional manner (no coffee talks, personal interactions, especially involving the opposite gender). There would be clear conflicts of interests when official matters come into play and then personal relationships would sour. Teachers, staff and students are somehow not to be friends in a professional setting. This is to err on the side of caution. Wise words for me to chew on. Group outings are somehow okay.

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...