Thursday, May 07, 2020

TF's 64th Birthday

Today being 7 May is TF's 64th. Two years ago, back in 2018, she has gone to be with the Lord, just about two weeks shy of her 62nd. Borned 1956, my cousin TF was 18 years older than me. Somewhat like my age gap with Natalie, who was probably borned when I was around 19 or 20.

This dear cousin whom I had the blessing of travelling on a fly-cruise together with, to Milan and around the Mediterranean, along with mum, Tai-yiyi, uncle MW, and aunty SM's rellies... Back in 2010. That was one memorable trip for both mum and I, Taiyiyi and TF, and uncle MW too.

Doubtless though, more recently, the trip to China, with uncle MW, uncle ML, uncle BW, NN, mum and I was another memorable one, visiting the birth place and homeland of my maternal grandfather, called Xihe in the county of Dabu.

Well, I am just glad I had the opportunity to travel with TF to far flung places and visit one of her favourite places - Oia, Santorini, in Greece along with many other memorable places like Olympia, Pompeii and Taormina with her, having all the fun fine dining experiences.

TF was a fun travelling companion and I remembered we took we-fie together on one of our flights. She mentioned she didn't like the pic because of her tomato face but I honestly thought she looked perfectly fine.

She was also very accommodating to uncle MW when he was not willing to order another bottle of water at an Italian restaurant because he felt it was too costly. In my mind, I was honestly thinking, on a holiday, we should just order what we need. But not uncle MW who was and is super cost conscious and frugal, but I digress. However, as I am older, I guess I have gradually picked up some of uncle MW's habits for better or worse. :P

TF, to me, is a very accommodating cousin who will always try her utmost best to make the people around her feel comfortable. She puts other people's needs before her own. She cares deeply for each one in her immediate and extended family. Therefore, she is deeply missed. Happy 64th Birthday, TF! I know that Jesus is celebrating with you!

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...