Saturday, June 13, 2020

Mum dyed her hair

It has been at least two months that mum has not dyed her hair. Mum is 78 years old and she has shoulder length hair. The roots of her hair turn white pretty quickly and vastly throughout the past two months while we had the Circuit Breaker in Singapore. Perhaps, the rate of her hair turning white is a normal rate but she had probably used to dye her hair black at least 3-4 weeks once, in JB. Today, mum went to a hairdresser in Bishan who charged her $45 for dye-ing the roots of her hair. Also, the business-minded hairdresser suggested doing highlights for mum's hair to make it look more natural with her top wig. She was naturally inclined to do so as that would make her look more trendy and younger. :)

My mum is a very adorable person, but she is occasionally given to short bursts of temper. I love my mum very much, in spite of her short bursts of temper and all. She bought some durian after her hair session and quickly called me over for a durian session which I thoroughly enjoyed. We shared some of the durians with the helper too. We needed to get rid of the evidence before sis got home, otherwise we would all risk getting nagged by big sis. Funny how big sis is now the authoritarian figure in the household in Bishan. Mum is the paper tiger. :P

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...