Monday, September 06, 2021

September Holidays

The one week September Holidays has officially started for school age kids. Tomorrow I have a date with my elder goddaughter Elsa, to catch the Korean disaster movie "Sinkhole", picked by her. We will watch it at Plaza Sing at 1:50pm, a Tuesday afternoon, my day off. 

Today being a Monday, I normally have Advancement Meetings with Jon, Aitee, EK and Josh but as the past weekend was a MG Ministry Weekend - both Jon and EK were kept busy with their MGs. Jon decided to give our team (and himself) a break this morning. We will meet this Thursday instead.  Josh only has 11 more work days with EAST, his last day being 17 Sep. Counting down to his last official day - will miss him for sure. Pray that he stays contactable as an EAST Volunteer.  =)

Yesterday, I had a very lovely, encouraging and edifying afternoon at home with Lu & JF over chicken pies and prayers. It was JF's first visit to my home and he gifted me a box of yummy low sugar egg custard mooncakes. Lucy gifted me a beautiful cushion cover with the picture of two happy children and a hedgehog staring at some fishes in a Happy Kids Aquarium. We had conversations about resourcing our regional partners with teaching materials and what JF has been up to with the BSF Men's Chinese Bible Study School Programme. We also caught up with JF's recent health scare of an unexplained heart attack. It was just an engaging time of catching up. I enquired about Wen Tin's friend who knew sign language and wanted to teach. That was something Lu could have input in, so I was glad.

We ended our time praying for the different issues we had conversations over, and prayed for the different friends who could not join us that afternoon too. God has been faithful in keeping us close to Him. Pray that we will continue to keep faithfully walking with God.

End of August, we had a family birthday celebration for sis at Bishan - with Kor, Binny, Josh joining in the celebrations. Jie ordered a keto friendly Ondeh Ondeh birthday cake and a keto friendly chocolate cake. We also had take-outs from Belo, Amos' restaurant along Upper Thomson Road. On Jie's actual birthday on 2 Sep, she took mum out for lunch at Open Farm Community Farm & Restaurant, and at night, three of us went to The Majestic restaurant at Marina One, near the Marina Bay Financial Centre (MBFC) area.  

By the way, just two nights ago, I have sold away my Rainbow Vaccum Cleaner for $500. Mum was a little upset as she believes I have made a bad financial decision for selling it at such a low price. But it was taking up space and I was hardly using it - much like a white elephant - so I thought it might serve a better purpose in another household. That's that. In the first place, it was probably an impulse buy that I should not have bought. An expensive lesson learnt - I hope. 

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...