Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Home by Singapore Virtual Choir

I participated in the Singapore Virtual Choir's rendition of Home by submitting a video clip of myself singing the song last Wednesday. I had been patiently waiting for the clip of the final compilation to appear on social media. Yesterday, it was through Rach from my OCFPerth chat group that I knew the clip has surfaced. She sent me a link in the group saying she caught sight of me in the clip! Excitedly, I viewed the clip looking for glimpses of my appearance.

Later on, I realised I was placed right next to the frame of a famed singer, Nathan Hartono, the grandson of TungLok Group, and a rather recent winner of some Chinese Singing Talent Contest. Mum was able to easily spot me because of him too. Interestingly, my first reactions was proud and happy to have taken part in the history making initiative of singing "Home" with over 900 Singaporeans in this first ever Singapore Virtual Choir organised by the Voices of Singapore, conducted by Darius Lim. However, soon after, my response turned to feeling honoured and happy, and then honoured and humbled. :)

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...