Thursday, April 23, 2020

Someone like that

I came across an advice from a 19 year old.

Give a person three days. Be away and see if the person comes back. If the person doesn't, don't be with the person. Why would you want to be with someone that doesn't want you? Why would you want to be with someone like that?

The advice seems perfectly rational except when it comes to matters of the heart, we all know that things are hardly ever rational. I can only hope that with the passing of time, I will learn that when someone chooses to distance himself or herself in a relationship with you, it is less painful to keep pursuing for a reconciliation of sorts and easier to let things be the way it is.

There are 6 billion people in this world. There are many more kind and beautiful souls out there I have yet to meet and discover. There are also old friendships I ought to rekindle and tend to. If there are people who for one reason or other think or feel, that perhaps we should no longer be travelling in this journey of life together no more, then yes, I will need to move on for my own sake and learn to let go gracefully - not to begrudge them, not to wallow in self-pity for the broken relationships, but to thank them in my hearts for the beautiful memories we have shared.

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...