Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Reading an old entry

from May 31, 2017. It was about moving on.

Reading that reminded me of a text I sent to Brenz a few days ago. She mentioned she really liked the BB series stickers on Whatsapp and I revealed that I liked it too. But I missed the person who introduced that sticker series to me. Nonetheles, I believe that person has moved on and so must I.

Upon reflection, I am not even sure if that person was ever really interested in knowing me more as a person beyond platonic friendship. Sure, he seemed to be teasing me a lot. Occasionally he would buy me food but he does that for others too. I must have been reading too much into his words and actions. In any case, now that he is completely silent, it is good.

There is nothing for me to interpret or misinterpret anymore. Unlike God, a man's silence is equivalent to a man's absence, in one's life. However, it is not so for God. God may be silent but God is most certainly never absent in my life. It is either my life, mind or heart is too noisy and I cannot hear Him speak, or it is that God chooses to remain silent until I am ready for His word, to listen to His still, small voice.

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...