Saturday, April 04, 2020

Unusually Emotional Day

Due to the rising cases of infected persons with Covid-19 in Singapore in the recent days, my sis and mum have been getting all the more anxious about me going into the office to work still, up to yesterday. There was an ALT Zoom Meeting Zoom on Friday afternoon and I had requested to work from home, first from J and subsequently from KW. Initially, J had agreed, but had asked me to check with KW. Upon checking with KW, he had requested for me to Zoom from the office instead of home due to the chart that J had submitted to HR which stated that I was supposed to report to the office on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. I felt disappointed to the point of tears but did not express so in my texts communication when I was denied working from home on Friday. Of course, it did not help that both my sis and mum were anxious for me too, due to the pre-existing health conditions I have. Sis wanted to communicate with my direct supervisors, J and KW. She subsequently sent very strongly worded texts to J and J contacted me to have a Zoom video conference on Friday morning.

Friday morning, the Zoom video conference started off okay but ended off with an emotional outburst from me. J pointed out all my sins, not coming to work on time, but at 10.30-11am, making errors at work, being on social media for my own consumption more than for official purposes. It was his reasons for not allowing me to work from home and wanting growth for me as a person. These were the main faults that I can recall him pointing out to me, citing that I lack discipline and that is why I should be working in the office. My outbursts came about after his "truth-telling".

On Friday evening, I managed to apologise for my emotional outburst via whatsapp texts. KW kindly responded but no word from J yet. He probably needs more headspace before he can respond, with the "circuit-breaker" announcement by PM Lee at 4pm to the nation that came out. All non-essential services offices are to be mandatorily closed from next Tuesday, and all schools to be on home-based learning from next Wednesday till 4th May.

As YL said, God has answered my prayer through PM Lee.

1st post in May

I did not realise that I had not posted any entries in March and April. Seok Ting's birthday was in March and I ordered Swensen's de...